The Clinical Leadership specialisation is available to study as a graduate certificate and as part of the Master of Advanced Practice.
Key components include:
- leadership theories applied to healthcare and research in clinical practice, which will prepare you for leadership roles within professional healthcare
- relevant practice codes, standards, policy and legislation; and critical-thinking skills that generate effective solutions to healthcare team issues
- access and synthesis of information relevant to clinical leadership and the promotion of optimal outcomes for clients
- collaborative research that may lead to improvements in clinical practice.
An important part of this specialisation is a clinical placement that also emphasises interprofessional learning and collaboration skills.
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Leadership is offered in semesters 1 and 2 at both Curtin Perth and Curtin Singapore.
This specialisation is available to international students studying in Australia on a student visa.
See our handbook for more information.
What you'll learn
- apply discipline knowledge, principles and concepts in accordance with relevant practice codes, standards and legislation
- apply critical thinking and reflective practice to clinical practice to generate innovative solutions
- access, evaluate and synthesise information relevant to clinical leadership and the promotion of optimal outcomes for clients
- communicate effectively and work collaboratively with clients, carers, families, communities and the interdisciplinary health care team
- utilise technology safely and appropriately for the diagnosis and management of clients
- participate in research and critically appraise research findings and incorporate evidence based knowledge into clinical practice
- relate policy, practices and standards to international trends
- demonstrate cultural competence in the care of all clients, families and communities
- demonstrate professional, legal and ethical accountability within the scope of practice for safe health care delivery