This double major is designed for those who want to develop a professional understanding of accounting and accounting-related technologies.
In the Accounting major, you will gain a sound foundation in accounting, auditing, taxation and relevant areas of business law and financial management, and be able to apply this knowledge across a range of accounting contexts.
You’ll learn how to develop and communicate information relating to the financial performance of organisations, and use your accounting knowledge to support business decision-making.
The Audit Analytics major provides comprehensive understanding of the use of technology in accounting and related areas.
You will study issues in managerial accounting, computer accounting packages, accounting modelling, data visualisation and analytics and business valuation using data.
This double major sits within the Bachelor of Commerce degree. To apply for this major, you will apply for the Bachelor of Commerce.
What jobs can the Accounting and Audit Analytics lead to?
- Business analyst
- IT auditor
- Project manager
- Tax agent
- Tax consultant
- Business and management
- Finance and investment
- Resources and renewables
What you'll learn
- apply principles of accounting, economics, information communication and technology (ICT) systems, statistic, law and behavioural science as they relate to reporting business activity
- critically analyse issues surrounding the development of accounting ICT systems, incorporating state-of-the-art tools in databases and other technologies, to support collection, aggregation, and presentation of relevant information
- identify, analyse and communicate relevant economic information from a variety of sources to inform business functions
- gain an understanding of globalisation and rapid evolution of business models and processes
- develop intercultural awareness and emotional intelligence to function effectively in the workplace of the future
- apply an ethical approach to business decision-making