Pleasure is a valid self-care component. Make sure to plan some fun activities to look forward to after exams.
Exam time will pass in the blink of an eye and you will need a fun activity to destress. Whether it is treating yourself to a Netflix binge, or going on a road trip with friends, pleasure is key for your mental health.
If you are stuck for ideas, try one of the activities below:
- Buy a fun treat when grocery shopping.
- Buy some flowers that delight you.
- Give yourself a long bubble bath.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Throw away old, stretched-out underwear and socks. Replace them with fresh new versions.
- Watch a couple episodes of your favourite sitcoms.
- Watch or listen to your favourite comedy podcasts.
- Watch your favourite classic films.
- Wear clothes that makes you feel great.
- Look at the stars.
- Do some gardening. Dig your hands into the dirt and enjoy the feeling.
Mental health should not only be a priority during Mental Health Month. Make sure to fine-tune your wellbeing habits every day.