This research-based higher degree develops research skills and advances knowledge.
Why research at Curtin
Curtin is widely recognised for applied research firmly focused on solving real-world problems. Underpinning our research endeavours are strong partnerships with industry, business and government, which result in outcomes that greatly benefit the broader community locally, nationally and globally. Our international reputation for being a strong partner in industry-driven research ensures our graduates enjoy outstanding opportunities to become innovators in their fields.
What you'll learn
- Demonstrate expert understanding of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on that knowledge and their practice
- Think critically, evaluate existing knowledge and ideas, undertake systematic investigation and reflect on theory and practice to generate original knowledge
- Apply expert creative, technical and professional skills to the field of work or learning
- Explain and critique theoretical propositions, methodologies and conclusions
- Present a complex investigation of originality or original research for external examination against international standards
- Communicate complex research concepts, plans and outcomes to the general community, peers and the national and international research community
- Design, implement, analyse, theorise and communicate research that makes a significant and original contribution to knowledge and/or professional practice