Why research at Curtin
Curtin is widely recognised for applied research firmly focused on solving real-world problems. Underpinning our research endeavours are strong partnerships with industry, business and government, which result in outcomes that greatly benefit the broader community locally, nationally and globally. Our international reputation for being a strong partner in industry-driven research ensures our graduates enjoy outstanding opportunities to become innovators in their fields.
What you'll learn
- Demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on that knowledge and its application.
- Investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice.
- Generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level.
- Design, use and evaluate research and research methods.
- Communicate and present a coherent and sustained argument and to disseminate research concepts, plans and results to the general community, peers and national and international research community.
- Design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise and disseminate research that makes an original contribution to knowledge.