Curtin University’s School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry (MCASI) has appointed six outstanding leaders in the creative industries, education and engagement fields to its inaugural Advisory Board, which will be instrumental in shaping the School’s future.
The Board will be Chaired by Chief Executive Officer of Fremantle Press, Jane Fraser, and includes other notable external appointments including:
- Ian Booth, Chief Executive Officer, Indian Pacific Pictures;
- Mitchell Mackay, Principal, John Curtin College of the Arts;
- Kathryn Osborne, Executive Director, The Blue Room Theatre;
- Jeremy Smith, Senior Producer, Performing Lines WA; and
- Pauna Truong, Customer Engagement & Relations Manager, Carbon Neutral.
Pro Vice-Chancellor of Humanities, Professor Richard Blythe, congratulated Ms Fraser and the other outstanding Advisory Board members on their appointments.
“We are delighted to welcome Jane and the other members to this newly established advisory board, which will collaborate with those in the media and creative industries to shape the future of education, teaching and research at the School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry,” Professor Blythe said.
“As a leader in her field and with vast experience in both publishing and corporate communications, Jane brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the Advisory Board and we welcome her, and her fellow board members, to this important group.”
Head of School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry, Professor Umberto Ansaldo, will also sit on the Advisory Board and said he was looking forward to working closely with the Chair and other industry leaders.
“Between them these Western Australian industry leaders have decades of experience across a range of fields and we are excited to begin the exchange of ideas and the setting of directions,” Professor Ansaldo said.
“They will join an outstanding group of Curtin University board members, who will bring their own strengths and insights to this new board.”
Curtin Advisory Board members include:
- Associate Professor Crystal Abidin, MCASI;
- Dr Vannessa Hearman, MCASI;
- Associate Professor Rachel Robertson, MCASI;
- Dr Sender Dovchin, School of Education;
- Professor Angus Buchanan, School of Allied Health;
- Professor Claus Otto, Oil and Gas Innovation Centre;
- Mr Andrew McLean, MCASI Business Manager;
- Athina Hilman, Journalism and PR/Marketing student.
For more information on Curtin’s School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry please visit here.