Help address the environment and climate emergency.
This sector-leading course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to be prepared and qualified to tackle urgent environmental issues in your chosen field.
You'll work with key community and industry partners to understand environment and climate challenges from the perspective of different disciplines. You'll learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals and develop foundational knowledge of innovative thinking and project design.
You'll also take part in a Sustainability Challenge, where you will help develop solutions to real world problems that are contributing to climate change, pollution and biodiversity loss.
Just as the environment and climate emergency change affects every person on this planet, this course is applicable to every career and every industry. You'll have the flexibility to choose two optional units in an area that supports your unique interests and career goals.
By becoming 'Planet Positive', you will learn how to champion positive environmental change, helping to shift society from the current paradigm of simply reducing impact, to one that promotes regenerative action.
What you'll learn
- apply principles and concepts of the UN Sustainable Development Goals in a variety of contexts relevant to further learning and/or paraprofessional work
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills relevant to UN Sustainable Development Goals to generate innovative solutions to problems
- use technology appropriately to communicate Sustainable Development Goals to experts and non-experts
- consider global perspectives on Sustainable Development Goals
- demonstrate respect for Indigenous values, cultures and knowledges and consider Indigenous perspectives on Sustainable Development Goals
- work professionally in teams and independently, and demonstrate life-long learning skills