This course will introduce you to contemporary design practice and research, providing a firm grounding towards design-led innovation and the application of design practice to social, economic and cultural life.
The course is an entry point to further postgraduate study in the Master of Design or to further practice as a designer, design leader or design strategist.
What you'll learn
- develop a foundational knowledge of their field of design practice articulated through the creation of new artefacts, services, products or processes
- apply specialised knowledge, theories, frameworks and practices relevant to design leadership to inform design-led innovation
- demonstrate a critical reflection on design theory, practice and history in a social and cultural context
- apply knowledge of design to the framing and interrogation of problems to develop appropriate design solutions
- professionally communicate concepts, proposals, ideas, and final designs to a target audience
- understand the complexity and global context of contemporary design practice
- apply emerging technologies effectively to design practice or process to communicate the value of design
- contextualise design practice and process for real-life application in industry and practice
- understand and apply the value of design to communities, enterprises and public