The Curtin Tax Clinic is an experiential, Work Integrated Learning (WIL) course where students will the opportunity to undertake advice and representation work for eligible taxpayers (individuals and small businesses). Through their work in the clinic, students will develop their understanding of substantive and procedural tax and ethical issues and be better equipped to deal with the realities of tax practice upon graduation.
What you'll learn
- have an advanced and integrated understanding of the practical aspects of providing tax advice
- be able to critically examine and analyse the requirements of the key documents that need to be prepared in practice
- have a sophisticated appreciation of the tax dispute process
- have a detailed understanding of the tax advisor’s legal, ethical and practical obligations
- have the cognitive and technical skills to generate critical and creative ideas relating to the practical aspects of tax practice. GC2