Unless otherwise stated, the material published within the Curtin website is Curtin copyright.
Information for students and staff about copyright can be found at Curtin University’s copyright website.
No part of this site may be reproduced, in whole or in part, unless you obtain the written permission of Curtin or the use fits one of the special circumstances listed below. Persons wishing to obtain permission to use material from the site should address their request in the first instance to the Copyright Officer, Curtin University, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845 (telephone +61 8 9266 7494 or email Library-Copyright@curtin.edu.au).
- Under the fair dealing provisions of the Commonwealth of Australia Copyright Act 1968 an individual may make a single copy of a “reasonable portion” of the material on this site provided it is for the purposes of research or study, criticism or review.
- Limited amounts of material may be used by educational institutions or other agencies that participate in a statutory licence agreement in accordance with Part VB of the Copyright Act 1968.
- Content marked with a Creative Commons (CC) licence by incorporating the CC licence icon or CC licence notice may be used as per the terms of the selected licence.
All of these uses must acknowledge Curtin as the source of the material.
Curtin staff and students are subject to the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth), and must adhere to the University’s procedures and requirements relating to copyright and moral rights. Staff and students who infringe these requirements will be liable to disciplinary action, and may leave themselves open to prosecution by individual copyright owners.
Specific information about the use of copyright material for teaching, study and research purposes can be found on the University’s Copyright website and Curtin’s Copyright Procedures. Curtin staff and students should also make themselves familiar with the University’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy Manual)
Reporting copyright infringements
If you have reason to believe that a Curtin student or staff member has infringed copyright in the course of his/her activities at the University, you should report the matter to the Copyright Officer, Curtin University, GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia 6845. (Telephone +61 8 9266 7494 or email Library-Copyright@curtin.edu.au).
The Copyright Officer is the University’s Designated Representative to receive notices or notifications from third parties in relation to content transmitted, cached, hosted or referred to on the University’s ICT system.
External parties who believe that material available on the Curtin University network constitutes a breach of their copyright, or breaches an agreed licence or contract, should notify the Copyright Officer by using the Take Down Notice form below.
Persons submitting a Take Down Notice should provide the following information:
- Sufficient information to enable us to identify the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement or, if multiple copyrighted works are involved, a representative list of such works; and
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate and access such material; and
- Sufficient information to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
An indication of whether you are the owner of the content, or if you are acting on their behalf. Details of all parties must be supplied, including the relationship between them.
Take down notice form If you believe copyrighted work is available on the Curtin University network in such a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or a breach of an agreed licence or contract, please notify us by using the following form.
If you believe copyrighted work is available on the Curtin University network in such a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or a breach of an agreed licence or contract, please notify us by using the following form.
If you are unable to use the online form, please send full information regarding the alleged infringement, together with your contact details, to
Copyright Compliance Officer
GPO Box U1987
PERTH WA 6845