Only available at Curtin Malaysia.
Environmental engineers work to protect and manage natural resources, air, water and land. The environmental engineering course is multidisciplinary, encompassing knowledge from various areas. Students undertake the Engineering First Year programme upon entry, along with students from other engineering disciplines, learning enabling skills required for engineering, such as engineering mathematics, mechanics and electrical systems. In the second and third years, the students learn the principles of environmental engineering, including areas such as geotechnical engineering, process principles, water engineering, transport phenomena, environmental impact assessment, contaminated land remediation, and others. In their final year, environmental engineering students learn to apply their knowledge with their research project, as well as employing their problem solving skills with case studies. A variety of options including wastewater treatment and palm oil and oleochemical processes will be available.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What you'll learn
- integrate knowledge from environmental engineering sub-disciplines to design and implement sustainable engineering works
- integrate learning with client requirements to produce feasible, practical and environmentally sustainable solutions
- able to acquire, evaluate and synthesise information to formulate environmentally sustainable solutions to engineering problems
- communicate effectively and professionally to all stakeholders
- identify and use suitable technologies to complete environmental engineering works successfully
- continually extend and build on knowledge and skills acquired during the undergraduate learning
- practise environmental engineering with a global perspective and appropriate international standards
- recognise and value heritage and cultural diversity in practising environmental engineering
- demonstrate leadership, professionalism and ethical practice in environmental engineering projects