International businesses operate in an environment that is increasingly complex due to unprecedented interconnection and integration of the global economy despite national differences. This creates pressures for managers to plan and respond effectively and appropriately to challenges and capitalise on opportunities presented by the environment and its dynamic development.
This course prepares global leaders in understanding developments, issues, and complexities in the field of international business and management. This course enables global leaders to gain the knowledge and expertise needed in making effective and responsible decisions in managing global operations sustainably.
With a specific aim to develop globally responsible leaders, the Master of Business Administration in International Business is practice-driven and underpinned by the United Nation’s Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME). Its innovative curriculum design and delivery applies theory to contemporary business case studies and incorporates work integrated learning. Students also demonstrate their expertise and command of knowledge through authentic assessment, peer-to-peer learning, and collaboration with industry professionals.
What you'll learn
- engage critically and reflectively with contemporary knowledge and skills relating to international business and apply to professional practice.
- make evidence-based judgements, ethical, and culturally aware decisions through sophisticated evaluation and synthesis of information from a range of credible sources.
- communicate professionally and effectively, through written and oral means, to culturally diverse stakeholders and teams locally and globally.
- consider environment, responsibility, and sustainability in doing business locally and globally.
- employ international business and management skills to design innovatively and engage responsibly with industry partners and stakeholders.