Interested in pursuing a Master of Business Administration? Join one of our upcoming MBA Information Evenings and find out how studying an MBA could advance your career.
This course is ideal if you have a technical or non-business background and wish to develop an understanding of the functional areas of business. The Graduate Certificate in Business is nested within this course.
The broad coverage of core business-related topics will prepare you for leadership and management roles.
You can customise your degree by selecting two optional units. Many of these units are tied to a Master of Business Administration (MBA) specialisation, which will help facilitate your transition to this course, should you wish to continue studying.
Please refer to the handbook for additional course overview information.
What jobs can the Graduate Diploma in Business lead to?
- Business administration manager
- Management consultant
- Managing director
- Project manager
- Banking and finance
- Health care
- Private business
- Public relations
- Resources and renewables
- Service industries
What you'll learn
- access and critique contemporary business theories, concepts and principles and be able to apply these to add value in a group or organisation environment.
- effectively communicate in a variety of modes to gather, advise or influence stakeholders for a desired outcome.
- formulate responsible and strategic management and leadership decisions that are evidence-based and supported by a critical evaluation of markets, resources and financial information.
- canvass and influence the development of appropriate policies and strategies within a business environment for the benefit of stakeholders.
- apply principles of ethics, sustainability, corporate social responsibility and risk management across a range of business settings.