Search for an answer
What are the requirements to apply to Curtin's Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery course offering?
UPDATED 28 SEP 2023 | 6:28AM
To be eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery course, applicants need to satisfy the essential criteria of:
1. Achieving a minimum academic score of:
- An ATAR of 95 for school leavers
- A course-weighted average (CWA) of at least 80% for Curtin course switchers that have completed at least 200 credits, and must have 200 credits remainingin the course at the end f the year preceeding admission
- A national ATAR of 92 for non-school leavers (graduates)
2. Evidence of English competency
3. Successful completion of Chemistry ATAR or equivalent within the last 5 years
4. Successful completion of the UCAT ANZ (University Clinical Aptitude Test)
5. Successful completion of the Casper Test
Meeting the minimum requirements for entry does not guarantee an offer for interview or a place in the course as entry is highly competitive. Applicants who are competitive will be invited to an interview. Attending an interview is mandatory in order to be considered for a place.
It is recommended that all applicants of this course refer to the relevant year MBBS Admissions Guide on the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery application requirements web page for more comprehensive information.