This section provides some useful tips and advice on settling in and finding a job back home.
Resettling back home
Students from all over the world come to Curtin to increase their chances of securing employment or moving up the corporate ladder. This section provides advice on planning your career for when you return home.
Your time at university gives you the opportunity to consider:
- Employment opportunities in your home country
- How to use the resources available to you in Australia and in your home country
- What employers will be looking for when employing graduates
- How to prepare yourself for readjusting to working life
- Writing a professional cover letter and resume that reflects your capabilities
- How to develop skills for a job interview that make you stand out from other applicants.
While you are still on campus you can visit Curtin Careers in Building 102 for all your career related needs. Career services include career workshops, one-on-one counselling and networking and employer events during the semesters.
For more information for recent graduates, see our career advice.